Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful

Well. It has been a hard week to say the least. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving but it was very obvious how empty things were and how sad we were. We miss him so very much. It is more evident every day how incomplete our family feels. We are holding on so tightly to Jesus and trusting Him for our next breath. 
As I thought about thankfulness this week, I realized that my idea of what it means to be blessed has changed so much. I used to think that blessed meant that if I did what I was supposed to, that my life would be full of all the blessings of wealth and happiness and I would never be touched by anything tragic. I have learned through this journey we are on, that to be blessed is in fact very different. To be blessed, to me means to be so much more aware of the deep, wide and high love that my Jesus has for me. To be blessed means to me that I am asked and desired by the Creator of the universe to be a part of His family and to one day be reunited with my precious Jace. I have also learned that earthly blessings are so much more simple than I thought they were. That they are having precious time with the people you love, and learning how to appreciate that time as much as possible. Learning to drink in the moments that are so short and fast lived and to praise our Father in the middle of it all. I believe that a life colored with sorrow and pain makes a very beautiful portrait if you allow it to. I am learning to lay me down at the foot of the cross and choose to trust the God of Creation every day with every moment. 
We are leaving for New York in the morning. Please pray for a safe drive and for safety especially for little Jett in my belly. We are reminded again that we planned this trip while Jace was still here and that he is now not going with us. Pray for comfort and that God would do what he desires to do in our family this week. Love you all. We'll be home Tuesday!!

 "Lead me to the cross, Where your love poured out. Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to you. Lead me, Lead me to the cross!" I love you Jesus
Lydi

No comments:

Post a Comment