Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Time!!



It has been quite a week! We are trying to make it through the season. It has been so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I knew it would be hard going through all of this without him, but I had no idea all the sadness and pain it would bring to the surface. This time last year, We were in the hospital, still in ICU and waiting for him to breathe. I had no idea this was where we would be in a year. So much has happened and God has done so much. I am so thankful for the seven months we got to have with him after December and I am missing him terribly. I am wanting to buy him things for Christmas and get him dressed up for pictures, but he's not here. It is the hardest realization to have as a mom. I decided that we are going to still buy presents in his name and then take them to Jim Thorpe where he had his therapy. It is nice to find things that would have helped with his sensory stuff and things for kids with vision problems and know that they are going to gain from what we have lost. I think that if there was any consolation in any of this, it would be that there are many people who are seeing God in the middle of our pain. Thank you all for continuing to pray for us. This is by far the hardest part we have walked through yet. Remember this Christmas how precious your sweet kids are and how blessed you are to have them still here with you. We are remembering that about Court and little Jett that is coming. God is still good!
Lydi 
P.S. These are some pictures from our New York trip. This is the day we went to Niagra Falls, (the American Side)

1 comment:

  1. Lydia, I am praying for you to feel wrapped in peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete