Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gammy's play!!






We went to my mother-in-law's play this weekend. She is the drama teacher at Choctaw High School and she directed The Wizard of Oz this year for their musical. We have been to one play already this year and it was so good!! Our expectations are always high for her plays because they are really exceptional. you truly forget you are watching high school students! This one was no different. The costumes were amazing and the effects were really good, but, like always, its Mary's actors who really make the show! They did a great job! Mary had the idea that the grandkids should dress up like the main characters the night we came to see the play. Ella was Dorothy, Max was the Scarecrow and Courtsie was Glenda the Good Witch. Mary had her little dress made and it was soo cute. They all looked really precious. It was very obvious that one little special person was missing, though. We were taking pictures and really enjoying ourselves but in the back of my mind the whole time, I was thinking how cute of a little Cowardly Lion Jace would have made. I think it will be that way forever, always some bitter mixed in with the sweet. And I don't think I'd want it any other way. It is as it should be, he impacted everything about me for the rest of my life and I love that he is on my mind all of the time!! I put some pictures of our little mini cast. Enjoy!!
Lydi

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing lydsie. I miss him so very much! And, what can I say? I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for that tiny punkin! (even if he wasn't always so TINY!) I love you and I am so proud of you!

    Always there with you...even when it hurts.

    -Bethy

    ReplyDelete