Friday, November 1, 2013

Anchored by hope?


"8so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 19We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain." Hebrews 6:18-19

Hi friends.
Today God has been speaking to me all day about this verse. We have this hope as an anchor.... Hope in what? I recently had someone I love very much say to me, "I'm happy for you that you can have faith in anything." I had the song from Stephen Curtis Chapman going through my head all day. " We can cry with hope, we can say goodbye with hope that we know our goodbye is not the end.... we believe with hope, there's a place where we'll see your face again.... we have this hope as an ANCHOR, that we believe that EVERYTHING God promised us is true..." I had a huge revelation from this. My HOPE is what my faith is anchored in. That hope is listed in the three most important things, Faith, Hope, and Love. I can't have faith at all, first without the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me and to me but also not without HOPE. My Hope is built on nothing less than JESUS' BLOOD and righteousness.  Hope is not a sweet little word that goes on a precious moments figurine. HOPE is what ALL of this is built on. "A hope not that is seen, for who hopes for what is seen? but if we hope for what is unseen by us, we wait for it with patience." I am not strong enough to have faith in something.... I have This HOPE as an anchor for my soul.... It holds me to the line when waters rise and toss and churn. When the waves threaten to drown me and I'm ready to give up because I'm just so tired of just surviving... THIS HOPE anchors my soul. I will HOPE in what is still unseen by my eyes. Because my hope is made stronger in the places of rememberance. Where He has blessed me with his goodness...  The places where I have tasted and seen that the LORD is GOOD.
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment